Saturday, June 20, 2009

PLAY (BYOB) - confessions of a city crawler (pt.6)

Alright I admit this is free advert but, I couldn’t resist the urge to write about this.Its like 3 degrees outside(rain) and I barely made it home on time, just before the rain started pouring. im lucky the rain did not catch me, being asthmatic and all (get to the point aijay)

I will I will. Its Thursday at play sports bar and lounge. I convince 4 of my cool friends, derin, anieakan, lam and tk to follow me to play to come get slushed since we can carry as much alchohol as we want. Little did I know that other abujanites would have the exact same idea.BYOB(bring your own booze) nite which I must say was suggested my me(Ijeoma “white rabbit” Okeagu) (couldn’t resist that) has evolved to a point where even me a regular playete , did not find a place to place my cute tushie.

The idea, incase u haven’t caught on is a night where you can buy or even manufacture your own drinks and bring it into play and drink to your heart content and let loose and have as much fun as your alcohol state can allow you. And have fun we did.
As a city crawler reporter, I surveyed the entire scene and people were having uninhibited fun (which is the best kind of fun by the way) and the vibe was lovely. Fashionistas were out for the night and I could see the guy’s loosening up and having fun.

Contrary to popular opinion, we do know how to have fun in Abuja and we don’t need any body to show us. Big ups play, BYOB night @ play is the shit, if u are an abujanite that appreciates good fun i suggest you try it. We had a couple of celebrities there too (one of nigeria's finest menswear designers)

P.S how did those ‘ladies of the night get in?’ (over to play mgt)

No comments:

Post a Comment