Thursday, May 28, 2009

A New World Is Happening...

A new world is happening.

Its very early in the morning and im sitting on my couch with my traditional mug of coffee and thinking about two things; how the world is changing and how this chica wants to go along for the ride. Living in Abuja has opened my eyes. While a lot of people still enjoy the warm cocoon of a 9-5, there has been an explosion of entrepreneurs, mostly young business owners who have decided to take charge. As recently as 10 years ago, going out on your own earned you an incredulous stare, ‘are you out of your mind’? ‘How will you feed’? ‘At least get a day job’! Etc. But you will be surprised or pleased (as is the case with me) to find that we have bravely decided to step out and take control, yes I count myself among the number. Yup, there are lots of young women doing great things, just attend a sista sista event or a wimbiz (women in business) conference and you’ll be surprised or pleased (as is the case with me). Some people haven’t step all out into the entrepreneurship line, it ok, take your time, be sure it’s want you want to do.

I visited an eminent member of the workforce and watched him just sit there chatting away obviously bored with little to do, but still hanging, at least he has a dependable food supply. I did not have one moment of jealousy at his stability or desire to be in that cute leather seat. I know I am doing what I was meant to be doing.

A new world is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment