Monday, July 20, 2009

confessions of a city crawler- CITY CRAWLER=STREET CRAWLER=NIGHT CRAWLER???

When people see city crawler the first thing that comes to their mind is street crawler and therefore it is associated with negativity. Ok I understand, if you read Malcolm Gladwell’s book ‘Blink’, u will discover that people usually take about 2 seconds to associate a name they see with something they already have in their head, in this case, city crawler= street crawler=night crawler= need I say more.

Well, as the popular line goes, if city crawler is a crime, then I guess I have to terminate my friendship with the AGF (just kidding, don’t even know the man). Any ways, I’m not alone in this criminal behavior, as a matter of fact I have discovered a whole clan of clandestine people and I will expose them soon. I have always loved the great outdoors. Keep me in a house for more than a day and I will run amok, even if u put the largest screen TV, the 5 seasons of Boston legal, unending supply of Chinese food and vodka, and will I am singing to me and cuddling me, I will still have a great need to step out and see if there is anything interesting going on that I’m missing. I have never really been the most curious of people, but it will surprise you what interests me, story for another day.

Satisfying people can be seen as relatively difficult or relatively easy; forgive my repetition its for emphasis. Satisfying the Abuja citizen is relatively easy, why? All you need is a good idea, a good product or a good service. Reaching out to the Abuja citizenry is relatively easy, why? Because it’s a model city, well planned, easy access and duh we are only 1million or maybe a little more since people seem to be giving birth every hour. Another point is, Abuja crowd has what I call ‘fickle relationship’ issue. It goes like this GIRL meets BOY - PERSON discovers LOUNGE, GIRL spends all free time with BOY - PERSON spends all free time, after work, weekends, football season in LOUNGE, GIRL’s friend introduces her to HOT NEW GUY friend, PERSONS friend introduces him to another HOT LOUNGE that has major traffic and the whole ‘see and be seen’ factor, GIRL is unfaithful to BOY a few times, PERSON goes to LOUNGE a few times and finally GIRL leaves BOY for HOT NEW GUY - PERSON leaves LOUNGE for HOT NEW LOUNGE. (if u didn’t get this u are a SLOwie!!!).

I’m giving out trade secret, but I don’t mind because the idea behind CONFESSIONS OF A CITY CRAWLER is to expose to people resident and non- resident, the beauty and the fun that can be found here. There was a time when, being sent to Abuja spelt doom and despair for some people but now a lot of people are moving here because they know that they will have comfort, security and a conducive environment for business development (although you have to pay a premium for it all) but all the same. Abuja is no Lagos, but like I always say, they have 83 years on us and well we hope it will never get like Lagos – if u know what I mean. Stop complaining that Abuja is dry, or too expensive, or too slow, or too governmenty (yea that’s not a word, I know) just follow this blog and free of charge I will give you insight to the capital city. So if its mad fun or healthy fun you want for your friends, your colleagues or your family (children included) you will get information on how to get it here.

So far, about 500billion has been spent building up this model city since the capital was relocated here, you have a claim to that, you know?

P.S last Saturday, I decided to explore the city step by step and I found out many interesting things about how people spend a lazy Saturday. Details in words and pictures in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment